Helping Speech Sounds Grow
Work on Speech Sounds at Home
- Easy to follow, step by step guides to working on speech sounds at home.
– Limited Time: All Speech Programs 50% Off –
Work on Speech Sounds at Home
Did you know that working on speech sounds at home is something that every parent can do.
I am a Registered Speech Language Pathologist with over 26 years of experience working with many different children and families in many different settings. I want to help you help your child have the best speech and language skills possible.
My site shares the same ideas and materials that I use with parents in my practice and that I used with my children at home to help them learn to talk. I hope the ideas and materials help.
Why Work On Speech Sounds?
- Children must communicate clearly to maximize their social and educational potential. Children who cannot speak well often have difficulty making friends and fall behind in school.
- Speech sound errors place children at risk for difficulty with early reading and spelling. Studies such as this one from the US National Library of Medicine clearly show the huge connection between speech and early literacy.
- Speech errors that go uncorrected can last a lifetime. Problems communicating as an adult can affect social and work lives.
- Better Speech, Language and Social Skills are truly the best gifts any parent can give their child.
Why Work On Speech Sounds Early?
When my children were growing up I worked on their awareness and development of all sounds from day one. I wanted them to have a head start and to develop language and social relationships to the best of their ability.
- When children learn to say sounds correctly they become easier to understand. They are less frustrated and have better interactions with peers and adults. Children who speak well are more confident.
- Sadly children who can not speak well are treated differently by those around them.
- If children go for too long saying sounds incorrectly it affects their ability to listen and to tell the difference between sounds.
- Early intervention results in the best possible outcome at all ages.
Why Work On Speech Sounds At Home?
Taking a child to see a Speech Therapist or other professional is wonderful but the once or even twice a week they can see your child is not enough for real progress.
- Parents are the ones that spend the most time with their children and have multiple opportunities each day to interact in a meaningful way.
- Frequent and consistent practice, even for just a few minutes each day, is what is needed for the best possible progress.
- Working on sounds at home is easy and straightforward if the right steps are followed. It is also very cost effective.
- Parents know their children best – you are your child’s first and best teacher.
- Parents should always be enabled to support speech and language development at home as much as possible. Supporting parents is powerful, effective and is by far the best possible practice. Research clearly supports Parents as “Speech Therapists“.
Shop Speech Programs Now
Jennifer R..: Super helpful! Parent friendly language!
Amber M..: Thorough and easy to use! Thanks!