I rely on many different sources to provide the best speech-language therapy service that I can. These are some of the sites that I use regularly.
- Apraxia Kids has therapy guides for parents as well as for speech therapists along with tons of helpful information to help with this difficult problem.
- Already listed as providing excellent Early Language support the Hanen Centre has one of the best approaches to helping young children with autism. Their More Than Words program is where I always turn for children under 5.
- Michelle Garcia Winner and the Social Thinking team provide THE best information and programming to help children and adults make sense of and function in our often strange and complex neurotypical social world.
- If you have children that need visuals to either understand or express language the do2learn site is very helpful. Lots of great ideas and resources.
- The Cerebral Palsy Guide is dedicated to education about this disorder and strives to ensure that families receive the assistance that they need.
- The Hanen Centre is my go to for helping young children with language development. They have excellent therpay programs and parent resources.
- Laura Mize’s site TeachMeToTalk has given me many great practice ideas to help with language development. I love her free videos where she demonstrates ideas.
- Seeme and Liz is written by a Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist with two children and lots of great ideas.
- Home School Hideout is a great blog with wonderful information on many topics including Can I do Speech Therapy at Home?
- Smart Parent Advice provides great parenting support on everything from feeding a picky toddler to planning a mom’s night out.
- The Stuttering Foundation of America provides excellent resources for parents and professionals to help identify and treat stuttering.
- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada and American Speech-Language Hearing Association are the governing bodies for Speech Therapists in Canada and the USA. A wealth of information on everything from identifying to treating all speech and language problems.