Sites I Rely On
I rely on many different sources to provide the best speech-language therapy service that I can. These are some of the sites that I use regularly.
- The Hanen Centre is my go to for helping young children with language development. They have excellent therpay programs and parent resources.
- Laura Mize’s site TeachMeToTalk has given me lots of great practice ideas to help with language development. I love her free videos where she demonstrates ideas.
- Already listed as providing excellent Early Language support the Hanen Centre has one of the best approaches to helping young children with autism. Their More Than Words program is where I always turn for children under 5.
- Michelle Garcia Winner and the Social Thinking team provide THE best information and programming to help children and adults make sense of and function in our often strange and complex neurotypical social world.
- If you have children that need visuals to either understand or express language the do2learn site is very helpful. Lots of great ideas and resources.
- The Stuttering Foundation of America provides excellent resources for parents and professionals to help identify and treat stuttering.
- Apraxia Kids has therapy guides for parents as well as for speech therapists along with tons of helpful information to help with this difficult problem.
- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada and American Speech-Language Hearing Association are the governing bodies for Speech Therapists in Canada and the USA. A wealth of information on everything from identifying to treating all speech and language problems.
I hope these ideas help. Let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached through my Contact Page or email me at SLP@Speech-Therapyathome.com.